- In brief: You need to be a subscriber to leave a comment on a story.
- We welcome debate on the topic of the article but abuse, inappropriate language, or spam will be automatically removed. Please abide by our guidelines.
- If you see a comment you think breaches our guidelines please flag it to our moderators and help keep discussions polite.
- A full list of FAQ's can be found here
How to comment
Most articles will allow comments but not all. Comments can contain text and links and you can edit your text within 5 minutes of posting. You can reply to another comment and yours will appear underneath.
If you read a comment you like you can click the heart icon to ‘like’ that comment. You can also choose to order a comment thread to show the most popular comments first.
一本道理不卡一二三区You can usually post comments for up to 30 days after an article is published. Sometimes comment threads will be closed if the community does not keep the discussion polite and on topic.
Comments will be automatically filtered for offensive language. Please don’t swear or the comment will not be posted.
If you see a comment you think is inappropriate or breaches our commenting guidelines (see below) then use the Flag button to the right of the comment. This alerts our moderation team.
Our moderators will review flagged comments and remove them if they decide they breach our guidelines. We do not edit comments, only remove them. This is a subjective process but the moderator's decision is final.
Comments are for discussion of the topic of the article. If you have a complaint or question regarding a moderation decision, please email us at email@example.com
Full commenting guidelines
We want our readers to be able to engage in debate, share stories and discuss our articles in the comments section. We encourage quality conversation that is topical, intelligent, witty and even humorous. Here are 5 guidelines we ask all of our commenters to adhere to maintain a quality comment section for everyone:
- Personal abuse and bullying by name-calling, insults or threats to other users and authors will be removed. We do not tolerate religious abuse, racism, sexism, homophobia, minority abuse or any hate-speech. Profanity (bad language) may automatically be filtered and removed from the comments section.
- Potentially defamatory comments about individuals, companies or organisations are not permitted nor any material that infringes the privacy or data rights of others. Do not post text or images that breach copyright.
- Any comments containing conspiracy theories and/or deliberately misleading information which could be injurious to third parties will result in a suspension or permanent restriction from commenting.
- Comments will be removed if they are not deemed as on topic to the article they are posted under. Any content deliberately promoting a business/product will be removed. Repeatedly posted spam-like content may also be removed.
- Impersonation of other users or public figures will result in the removal of comments. Offensive usernames will also be removed/cancelled.
At the Telegraph, we welcome reader engagement with our stories and encourage you to debate and discuss the issues raised. Moderation is primarily reactive so please let us know if you consider a comment falls outside the guidelines.
一本道理不卡一二三区The comments section is your place to build a Community of readers, one where you have the ability to set the agenda and debate with your fellow readers. We ask you to be the creators of an environment that is respectful, intelligent and inviting for others.
All content is subject to our and we reserve the right to remove any content, comments and/or commenting privileges at any time, without reason and without prior notice or warning.
If you have any questions regarding moderation decisions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org